PDGM: Hysterics of the Year 2000 all over again (Chicago, IL)
The Patient Driven Grouper Model is the first major change to the home health payor system since 2000. We are moving away from therapy utilization driven payment to a payment largely driven by diagnoses codes. This course will provide an overview of the PDGM along with practical guidance and action items for readiness for January 1, 2020, including improving agency efficiencies to decrease days to RAP, investigating agency LUPAs and correcting as necessary, raising the level of quality and accuracy of your diagnosis coding and more.
What we’ll cover:
- Identify the major aspects of PDGM
- Explain community vs. institutional as a component of PDGM
- Explain operational changes necessary for 30 day payment periods
- Explain Low Utilization Payment Adjustments (LUPAs) and their impact on payment
- Explain the role of the primary diagnosis and other diagnoses in PDGM
- Explain the functional component of the billing code derived from OASIS items
- Explain the significance of the changes to OASIS known as OASIS D1
Selman-Holman & Associates, LLC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- Fourteen (14) days or more before scheduled seminar date = 100% refund
- Thirteen (13) to seven (7) days before scheduled seminar date= 75% refund or credit
- Six (6) days or less before scheduled seminar date= No refund or credit
- * Only applies to seminars put on by Selman-Holman & Associates
Lisa Selman-Holman JD, BSN, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, HCS-O, HCS-H, AHIMA ICD-10-CM Ambassador, Founder, Selman-Holman & AssociatesLisa Selman-HolmanJD, BSN, RN, HCS-D, COS-C, HCS-O, HCS-H, AHIMA ICD-10-CM Ambassador, Founder, Selman-Holman & Associates
30+ years in home care as a RN and Attorney practicing exclusively in home care. Owner, Selman-Holman & Associates, LLC & CoDR-Coding Done Right. Home Care Coding Specialist-Diagnosis (HCS-D) national advisory board for the Board of Medical Specialty Coding and Compliance (BMSCC) Board HCS-O for OASIS Competency.