Stay ahead of the latest industry updates and changes at Insight 2021, Aug. 8-11. Led by Lisa Selman-Holman and our industry’s top experts, Insight 2021 will cover:
- The impact of COVID on the industry
- In-depth ICD-10 diagnosis coding with scenarios, tips & more
- OASIS-D1 guidance and challenges + OASIS-E intro
- 2022 updates including new codes, guidance & guidelines
- PDGM, RAP, billing & much more
Check out the session spotlight below & stay tuned for the full agenda!
Session Spotlight 💡
Meeting the challenges of a coder-reviewer
Presented by Teresa Northcutt, BSN, RN, COS-C, HCS-D, HCS-H, OASIS and Quality Specialist, Senior Associate Consultant, Selman-Holman, Briggs Healthcare
There is a lot of diversity in those who perform the role of the Coder-Reviewer and we each bring different strengths and weaknesses to the job. How can you enhance your performance?
Challenges of the role – do these sound familiar?
- Rapid but thorough review of (sometimes extensive!) medical referral documentation (know what to focus on and what you can skim over)
- Finding the clinician’s documentation to support OASIS responses, especially those used for the functional score (payment) and recognizing when it needs more
- Asking the clinician for more info on wounds, assessment gaps, etc.
- How to know when you MUST ask for more information from the provider
- Meeting turnaround time and productivity standards
- Streamline communication between team members to avoid missed messages
- Dealing with agency requests for help trouble-shooting claims that are questioned
Join us at Insight 2021 for strategies to meet these challenges, work processes to enhance your performance, and tips on dealing with intake, clinicians and billers to ensure everyone understands what they each need to bring to the team for success.
Register by May 31 & save $200
- Risk-free registration! Whether you register to attend in-person or online, you may switch your registration to best fit your needs and situation
- All cancellations made on or before July 23 will receive a full refund